The SCD series control dampers have been designed and tested to provide a reliable cost effective control damper where tight sealing is NOT of primary importance (for tight sealing dampers, use model SCD-LL). Its design lets it to be used in either exhaust or intake applications.
The SCD series rigid frame and integrally braced corners provide true damper alignment that greatly resists being
installed out of square or out of flat. Available in either parallel or opposed blade models. SCD dampers less than 48” wide x 12” high are furnished with a low profile flat top and bottom to maximize free area. Dampers may be made to accommodate higher than the recommended 2.5” w.g. static pressure. Contact factory if application involves pressures in excess of 2.5” w.g. or velocities greater than 1500 fpm. Factory installed operators are available. Consult factory for details.
- FRAME: roll-formed galvanized steel hat section with staked corners with integral bracing.
- BLADE: 16-18 gauge triple-vee profile roll-formed galvanized steel. Minimum width: 4.25”. Maximum width: 7.25”. Opposed blades are standard (for parallel, please specify).
- BEARINGS: bronze oilite, press fit into frame.
- AXLES: square, plated steel.
- LINKAGES: concealed in frame. Leakage bars are 12 gauge thick galvanized steel.
- FINISH: mill galvanized.
- EXTENDED SHAFT: 0.5” diameter, plated steel.
- MAXIMUM TEMPERATURE: 250ºF.
- SIZES: Minimum size: 5” W x 4” H; Maximum size: single section - 48” W x 72” H; Multiple section - unlimited size.
Note: Non-standard shutters are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled.