Engineered and designed for general applications where above average area coverage and cooling velocity are required.
- Engineered and designed for spacious applications where maximum floor coverage is required.
- Reversible motor for both winter heat destratification and summer time cooling.
- All fans are sealed and suitable for high moisture applications.
- Designed for above average area coverage and cooling velocity.
- Heavy duty motors and bearings built for long life and maximum output.
- Can be used in conjunction with our "MC" series and "FRMC5" series speed controls.
Ceiling fan choice and layout is based on ceiling height and the floor area of the building. As the height of the ceiling increases, larger and more powerful fans are required to achieve destratification.
The floor air coverage of a fan will be greater the higher the ceiling of the building. This is because of the natural cone shape of the air pattern produced by the fan. (See Figure 1)
(HPWP models have increased floor area coverage because of more powerful motors.)
Canarm provides two types of fans:
- The traditional ceiling fan, low cost, good performance, great for dry locations.
- The HPWP high performance, water resistant models - great for more demanding applications with high moisture or greater air velocity requirements.
Use the following chart (Figure 2) to choose the correct fan size/type and quantity to suit your requirements. See the example below.
What size & how many fans would be required for a building that is 100 feet wide x 200 feet long & has as ceiling height of 16 feet?
• By using the chart above, we see that a ceiling height of 16 feet requires a CP56 (56” fan).
• Floor Area of the building = 100 feet wide x 200 feet long = 20,000 square feet.
• From the chart, we know that the Fan Floor Area Coverage of the CP56 model is 1100 square feet at a 16 foot ceiling height.
• Therefore, the number of fans required = Floor Area of building / Fan Floor Area Coverage:
20,000 square feet / 1100 square feet = 18 fans.
A typical layout for this building is illustrated below.
An additional fan should be used about 10 feet in front of each shipping door to act as an air curtain & reduce heating bills in the winter.
- MC Speed Controls.
- Fan Guards.
- Downrods & Mounting Accessories.
|MODEL||FAN SIZE||MAX RPM||AIR VELOCITY 5' FROM FAN||AIR DELIVERY @ FLOOR||AMPS HIGH||WATTS HIGH||VOLTS||DOWNROD LENGTH||SHIPPING WEIGHT (LBS)|
|CP48 HPWP||48"||325||700 ft/min||21,000 cfm||0.55||62||120V||16"||18 lbs|
|CP56 HPWP||56"||319||660 ft/min||27,500 cfm||0.83||100||120V||16"||24 lbs|
|CP60 HPWP||60"||292||650 ft/min||46,000 cfm||0.84||101||120V||16"||25 lbs|