Provides continuous fresh water all winter and summer.
Designed especially for below freezing conditions.
The Aqua Bowl is a rugged, reliable waterer designed to keep your cows hydrated in harsh conditions, including below freezing temperatures. It keeps water circulating to prevent it from freezing while saving energy.
- Fully equipped with a heater, thermostat, infeed line heating wire and reliable float valve.
- It is sized to adequately water cows in groups in the field or individually in stalls.
- The font replenishes quickly, thus eliminating icing.
- Constructed of heavy duty, double walled poly, this bowl is rugged and able to withstand the elements for years of trouble-free performance.
- The inside is very easy to clean with an efficient drain.
- Thermal switch turns heater on at 5ºC and off at 15ºC to keep drinking water from freezing, yet not overheating, which saves on electricity and energy costs.
- All electrical components are sealed in epoxy to prevent shocks.
The versatile shape of the unit allows it to be easily mounted both indoors and out. It is designed to fit snugly into an upended culvert for outdoor use, or it can be mounted with a wall bracket for use in stalls, building sides or posts. See installation details.
Works through Convection Circulation - the heating element creates a convection current in the water, which allows warm water to replace cold water on the exposed surface. As the cold water is displaced from the top, it sinks down and around to be continuously rewarmed. Freezing of the exposed surface water is eliminated to at least -40ºC.
To service, simply turn off the water and electric connections at source and remove four screws to remove the side access plate. The electric, water joints and the electric and water components are then easily accessible.
In the Field/Outdoors
The Aqua Bowl is designed to fit securely into the end of a standard 10” galvanized culvert. After digging a trench to below the frost line (approx 1.25 metres or 4’ depth), lay a half inch PVC water line and underground grade electric line through a four inch ‘Big O’ tubing, from source to font position. Install a standard 10” diameter, 7’ length of galvanized culvert on its end with
4’ below grade and 3’ above.
In the Stall
The Aqua Bowl is designed to fit snugly into an optional bracket available from your dealer.
Just mount the bracket within a stall, or between two stalls, at an appropriate height. Seat the font into the bracket and secure it with four screws provided. Then connect an electric line, and a heated water line for easy hook-up, per instructions.
How It Works
The heating element creates a convection current in the water, which allows warm water to replace cold water on the exposed surface. As the cold water is displaced from the top, it sinks down and around to be continuously rewarmed. Freezing of the exposed surface water is eliminated to at least -40ºC.